This class will provide education, practice, and support for parents and caregivers of children of any age. The material is based on Echo Parenting’s 10-week curriculum as well as the works of Alfie Kohn and Naomi Aldort.
During the six weeks we will cover the curriculum established by Echo Parenting. Topics include:
- Parenting practices and family history
- Theory and practice of unconditional parenting
- Basics of child psychology, age-appropriate behaviors and needs
- Practical approaches to building long-term trusting connected relationship
- Healthy approach to emotions and conflict
- Setting long-terms parenting goals and supporting them in every day situations
- Creating a network for support
- Listening, empathy and boundaries
- “Temper tantrums” and constructive time-outs
- School, homework, food, TV, videogames 🙂
Each class will allow time for looking at real-world situations through the perspective of what we are learning and practicing. We will brainstorm together and follow-up on results.
A small private class will to allow us to focus on each parent’s needs circumstances. We will meet every second Saturday 10 a.m. to noon at a private residence in Mar Vista. Introductory class is free, the rest will encourage $10-20 donation (no one will turned away for lack of funds).
Andrei Andreev is a Certified Nonviolent Parenting Educator with Echo Parenting. The presentation will be in English.
To register, please RSVP by sending an email to andrei at thejoyofparenting.org